Lincoln Motor Cycle and Car Club

Affiliated to the ACU we organise a range of competitive sporting trials most of which are Club events but also include Centre and National Championship events. We cater for riders of all ages and abilities from the complete beginner through to expert and on all types of trials bikes from twin-shocks and air-cooled mono shocks to modern machinery.

History of the club

Although The Lincoln and District Motor Cycle and Light Car Club existed before WWII, the conflict caused its disbandment and it was not until 1945 that a local enthusiast a Mr H R Penistan and his son Alan advertised for like minded enthusiasts to attend a meeting on 5th November where the Club was reformed and which has now existed for seventy continuous years and evolved into its current title of The Lincoln Motor Cycle and Car Club Limited. At that inaugural 5th November meeting a Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and eight committee members were elected.

 

Early meetings were held over Wests Motorcycle showrooms in Lincoln High Street and in 1946 four grass track races were staged. The following year activities were extended to include scrambles, trials and the first race meeting to be held at Dunholme Airfield around the perimeter and later a 500c.c. car event was held at the venue.

 

The first President was Col. G. Gilbert then followed in 1947 by Alderman Sir Francis Hill and in 1950 the Club moved its headquarters to the Cattle Market Hotel on Monks Road and had expanded its activities to include driving tests, Concours d’Elegance eight main road trials, four each for cars and motorcycles.

 

With increased legislation towards the end of the 1950’s to control motor sport events on public roads the Club went more off road and from 1963 to 1966 included hill climbs at Nettleton Mine until the course subsided in the very wet weather.

 

The Club also turned its attention to the Cadwell Park racing circuit and in 1967 held its first bike road race meeting and was soon to follow this with car practice days and sprints and in 1969 the first of many car race meetings and not forgetting the televised rallycross events. By now the Club had a comprehensive list of members available to marshall on many local events and at Cadwell and also on the A.C.U. national rally and manning stages on the R.A.C. Rally of Great Britain.

 

An active social side culminated each year with the Annual Dinner and awards presentation held for many years at The Moor Lodge Hotel in Branston which also hosted the area finals of the 1970 B.P. Champion Car Club competition where the team of Mick Fox, John Brackenbury, Norman Francis and Terry Beedham built a Mini in 13 minutes 34 seconds and the quiz team of Jack Timms and Bob Kelsey won the quiz competition. So that was the first 25 years and here we are this 5th November 2015 celebrating 70 years existence.

2017 Dates

Boilermakers Trial

8th January

Manton Quarry

 

Mick Ingamells Trial

19th February

Cockthorn Farm

 

Hinman Cup Trial

23rd April

Lincolnshire's Trials Park, Hatcliffe

 

Hylton Cup/Peter Carter Trial

15th/16th July

Cockthorn Farm

 

Francis Cup Trial

22nd October

Claxby

 

Molly Johnson Trial

26th November

Lincolnshire's Trials Park, Hatcliffe

2018 Dates

Boilermakers Trial

14th January

Manton Quarry

Copyright © 2016 Lincoln Motor Cycle and Car Club Ltd - All Rights Reserved

Website by Louise Alford